Data Protection – App
We inform you that the personal data you provide through our Application will be processed by Merlin Properties SOCIMI SA, with Tax ID Number: A-86977790 and registered office at Paseo de la Castellana, 257, 28046, Madrid (hereinafter “Merlin” or the “Company” indistinctly), as data controller, for the purposes described below.
What personal data do we process?
You confirm and guarantee the veracity and accuracy of the data provided, and that they are in accordance with its current status. In this sense, you agree to communicate any modification that may occur in them, in accordance with the procedure established in the section:
What are your rights when you provide us with your personal data?
The personal data that you provide us will be processed by the Company with the main purpose of managing the Application, which includes registering and deleting it as a User. These data include the following data that must be provided on a mandatory basis in order to register as a User: Name and corporate email. Additionally, you may voluntarily provide the following information: image, professional position and any other personal information you may want to provide us.
Likewise, upon your acceptance, we will have access to your location, and we will be able to send you push notifications regarding our events and offer you products and services depending on where you are at all times. You can manage the previous authorizations, at any time, in the “Permissions” section of the Application.
Finally, using section “More”, you will find access to the user profile, through which you can update your data, to the Community – a list of entities that provide services in the corresponding Merlin Building or Business Park -, and to the sections (i) “Do you need help?” Through which you can send us any incident or question related to the services provided by Merlin through the Application; and (ii) “OSM” to contact our Office of Sustainability and Mobility.
For what purpose and in response to what legitimating basis do we process your personal data?
1. Based on the contractual or pre-contractual relationship:
- Process your registration (registration and cancellation) in the Application and show you the services included in it, which you can access as a member of the Merlin HUB Community.
- Communicate the holders of Platforms Inspiring Benefitis and Imbric the username and email of the Users, in order to allow their registration and access the Platforms. For these purposes, to facilitate the registration process on these platforms, your contact information will be preloaded in the registration form of Platforms Inspiring Benefitis and Imbric, avoiding that you have to re-enter them.
- Respond to queries or incidents that arise through the section “Do you need help?”
2. Based on a legal obligation:
- Share information to public authorities, regulators or government bodies in those cases in which it is required to do so by law, local regulations or in compliance with regulatory obligations.
3. Based on Merlin’s legitimate interest:
- Analyze browsing data for analytical and statistical purposes, that is, understand the way in which Users interact with our Application and thus be able to make improvements to it.
- Submit commercial and advertising communications related to the services of the Application, by any means, including electronic.
4. Based on your consent:
- Visibility of your profile. Your profile will be visible to the rest of the Users of the Application.
- Visibility of events. The events to which you register will be visible to the rest of the Users of the Application.
- Push notifications. We will send you push notifications in relation to the available events or other relevant information in relation to the services offered through the Application, taking into account the data previously provided by you, which, in each case, may be your email address, your position. work or location.
- Pinpoint your location. Your location data will be used to change the content of the offers and notifications you receive based on your proximity to a Merlin building or another, so that the information you receive is relative to the events that take place in said Building or to the Merlin property that you select manually.
- Direct marketing. We will periodically send you commercial communications by email related to Merlin services other than those offered through the Application.
- Third-party marketing. We will send you commercial communications from our carefully selected partners by email.
With which recipients will your data be shared?
Merlin may share your personal data to public authorities, regulators or governmental or jurisdictional bodies in those cases in which it is required to do so by law, local regulations or in compliance with regulatory obligations.
Likewise, your data will be transferred to INSPIRING BENEFITS, S.L, holder of the Inspiring Benefitis Platform, and TAKSEE MOBILITY S.L., holder of Imbric Platform to expedite your registration on the different Platforms. Once received, they will be fully responsible for the treatment of the data that we provide and the rest of the data provided by you directly, as well as any liability that may arise from the provision of their services.
In addition to the previous data sharing, Merlin has the collaboration of some third-party service providers who have access to your personal data and who process said data in the name and on behalf of Merlin as a result of the provision of services.
Merlin follows strict criteria for the selection of service providers in order to comply with their obligations in terms of data protection and signs the corresponding data processing contract with them, imposing, among others, the following obligations: apply appropriate technical and organizational measures; process personal data for the agreed purposes and only in accordance with Merlin’s documented instructions; and delete or return the data to Merlin once the provision of services is complete.
How long will we keep your data?
Your personal data will be kept for as long as your condition as User of the Application is maintained. Once it is finished, your personal data will be eliminated at the moment in which all the necessary actions have been carried out to manage and terminate any obligation that may remain between the parties, carrying out in that period, all the necessary administrative procedures.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, your data will be kept properly blocked as long as responsibilities arising from their treatment may arise. In this regard, Merlin guarantees that it will not process the data unless it is necessary for the formulation, exercise or defense of claims or when it is required to provide them to the Public Administration, Judges and Courts during the limitation period of said responsibilities.
What are your rights when you provide us with your personal data?
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation, opposition, as well as the right to the portability of your data and no longer be the subject of automated decisions, through a request addressed to Merlin at Paseo de la Castellana, 257, 28046, Madrid (Spain), or to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a copy of your ID or documentation proving your identity. Likewise, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time, through the “Permissions” section, without this retroactively affecting the processing of personal data carried out up to that moment.
In the event you do not obtain a satisfactory answer and wish to make a claim or obtain more information regarding any of these rights, you can go to the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.aepd.es – C / Jorge Juan, 6 de Madrid).
If you have doubts or questions to transmit to Merlin in relation to the processing of your personal data, you can write to our Data Protection Delegate at Paseo de la Castellana, 257, 28046, Madrid (Spain), or to the following email address electronic: email@example.com.
© 2020 Merlin Properties SOCIMI S.A. All rights reserved.
Last Updated: September 28, 2020.